Monday, March 30, 2009

A mystery...

JB loves his blue blanket that he's had since he was a baby and now he's 6. He keeps telling me he loves his blanket because "it smells so good" and "it smells sweeter than honey" (he actually said that). Then he has me smell it and I want to upchuck (maybe it's the pregnancy). I'm glad he loves it and that the smell of it "makes him drowsy", but it is a mystery to me how it can smell so good to him and so funky to me. I wonder if he'd still smell the wonderful smell if I washed it...which happens about only once or twice a year. He never sucked his thumb or fingers, and he quit the pacifier when he was 6 months old, so I guess he can have his "sweet-smelling" blanket!

2 comments:

Jonah said...

I felt the same way about sucking on my finger. I thought it tasted the best. Somehow I grew out of it.

We all love the familiar, no matter how odd.

Michele said...

Ask JB's father what kept him so attached to his "soft blanket" for so long! Maybe he can shed some light on this mystery. I bet that there are pheremones involved with making him drowsy. But how great to enjoy something so much that is not illegal, immoral, or bad for your health!