Thursday, March 26, 2009

Benaiah in Bed



Every morning Benaiah would rather stay in his bed and play rather than me getting him up. Sometimes he even calls me, then just wants to stay and play when I get in there. He plays peek-a-boo with his stuffed animals or points to their body parts as I name them. Usually it is a task lifting him out of his crib because he's not standing up or reaching for me, it's like lifting out a dead (but cute) weight.

Sweetly, sometimes when Max and/or I want to sleep in in the morning, Gloria and JB will entertain him in his bed. Gloria started it when she would "read" him books while he stays in his crib and she sits in the glider and shows him pictures, telling him the story.

3 comments:

Michele said...

What a gorgeous boy! And how nice that he loves his bed and his toys! He needs one more thing -- a stuffed lion cuddling a lamb and playing Jesus Loves Me This I know. He only has to wait a few weeks till his birthday to get one!

I can't wait to see you all!

Love,
Gramma Shell

Lois said...

He looks so happy with his little book!

Unknown said...

Wow, you've got it made! How wonderful that he can entertain himself for so long...enjoy it! I get woken up each morning by Elliott saying, "I'm weal weal hungy".