Monday, October 24, 2005

The Zephyr Experience

JB and I were playing with his new plastic bat and ball out in the common area in front of our apartment and we experienced a zephyr. This was a wind that started from the ground and spun up some leaves (it's finally starting to be fall here) looking like a mini tornado. It looked like it was about 15 ft high and 10 feet long. JB and I stood watching it because it actually had the leaves spinning around and around in a tornado shape. It was coming our way and we just stood there getting blasted with wind and leaves.

It was only windy for about 5 seconds, but it didn't feel like a gust of wind, it felt like we were in the middle of a zephyr. I know, I'm a Boston girl, and little things in nature amuse me. I thought it was so cool. It started out in the lower thirties this morning and is now beautiful, in the mid- sixties. This is your weather girl reporting live from Altus, Oklahoma.

Sorry if you were expecting a story about a long brown doggy with a lot of energy...that's why she's a Zephyr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Zephyr Situation would be a good name for a novel.