Monday, October 17, 2005

A Couch Story


Here's me and our two little munchkins, all big milk drinkers (especially of Braum's milk, yum!), sitting on our couch that you may have seen in other pictures on this blog.

After Max had been here for a couple weeks and the kids and I had come from CO, I decided we needed a couch to all sit on, snuggle together, read books, take naps, and watch movies on, but that we also wouldn't mind chucking at the end of our time here. I looked for about a week in thrift stores and furniture rental places (too expensive). Unfortunately, I did not think to look in the used furniture stores here in Altus until after we had bought this couch at Salvation Army. It actually doesn't look too bad and we sure don't mind helping out the Salvation Army, but it's not really us and it is missing one leg and is incredibly heavy to move because it is an older sofa-bed (which feels like it might fall out of the bottom as one is carrying it).

Anyway, ever since we were presented with the possibility of buying a big house (almost 3000 ft of finished living space) with five bedrooms, Max has said we should keep the Salvation Army couch (ugh!) to fill in the extra space. The couch has been a blessing since we've been here and God has blessed us with the strong possibility of a really nice, big house with a huge backyard and garage for the right price, so maybe they will go nicely together.

However, if I had known it was going to be a permanent fixture in our lives and that we would have to move it, I think I would've searched longer for a more "intact" couch that fit our style. I suppose I'm a bit spoiled now; I remember the couches with which I grew up and I don't remember my mom complaining.

Just thought I'd share the story of the SA couch that has graced so many photos here in our Altus, OK apartment.

Enough rambling....God bless!

No comments: