Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Woes of potty training

JB is going to be three in December and is in the process of potty training. He's doing well with number 1, but not going anywhere with number 2. I am just waiting for him to be ready in that area. He either does not have the control or he's just not psychologicaly ready. He's been doing very well at keeping his big boy underwear and pull-ups dry...until right before bed last night when he ran away from me laughing and plopped onto our bed. He had a shocked expression on his face when he looked up at me and said "I have to pee." It was too late, he had already peed on the quilt I had made last time we were in Altus and was pregnant with him. I rushed him to our bathroom and he finished up in the potty. After washing the quilt and sheets in our apartment complex laundry room, about two blocks away, Max brought it back to dry here. Since we were working on creating this blog for me last night until about 11:00pm, I didn't realize that the wet quilt had not really been cleaned (probably due to overstuffing the machine) and there was a huge yellow pee stain on it, still. I started soaking it in Oxi clean here in the apartment and let it soak in a little bit over night. Now it is back in the washer and I'm waiting to see if it is going to come out clean. Max asked last night before we crashed into bed what I was going to do to prevent that from happening again. I told him in my frustration that if JB pees on a quilt again we are going to send him back because he leaks. Of course, I was kidding, and JB will not be allowed on our bed in only underwear until he is fully potty trained, which at this point seems years away. Potty training is all about patience...and so is parenting, come to think of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw you had a blog!

We're looking forward to making progress with Ian. I mentioned to Max we've started introducing him to his Fisher Price "Throne of Their Own"... We'll see how it works out.

-Nathan

Anonymous said...

I like your page Tamsey, and I love that picture of Gloria!

-stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hey you, get back to work!

-Nathan