Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Gloria's First Steps


Gloria took her first steps today (about 3) all by herself. I didn't get a picture of it because I couldn't get her to do that many steps again without her falling on her tush before I could snap it. She allows us to walk with her one-handed now and she loves scooting around with her walker. It's so cute.

JB didn't walk until he was 14 months, so we'll see if she does it before then (she will be 14 months on Oct 18)...not that there's any competition...

Never mind Gloria walking, we saw a porcupine!:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Gloria!
People always told me to enjoy the crawling while I can because once they walk your job gets a lot harder. Well, I for one like them walking a lot more than crawling. Crawling is messy business! And you can't really put them down on the barn floor to crawl around. (At least not in good conscience)

Tamsey said...

I like it better when they walk too although I've heard from a lot of mother's that the hard work begins when they crawl. I can see your point about the barn floor...this must be stephanie?

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah, that was me. Forgot to put my name! Maybe people just said the stuff to me about walking to try to make me feel better (even though I wasn't worried about it). Ian didn't walk much until after a year old either.
stephanie

Sarah/Robert said...

Gloria's walking! So very cute! No stopping her now as she'll spend the next 10 years at least trying to catch up to big brother.