Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fall Festival (on Halloween night)

Benaiah was a lion and devoured his prey...I mean popcorn.


Sorry, I'm just now putting Halloween pics on my blog. I thought October would be my crazy month, but November has had some challenges of its own...which I may get into later.

Anyway, we've definitely had some great times too, like on Halloween night when our church did a fall festival. Our small group did a "trunk or treat" (I think that's what it is) booth, where trick or treaters can come through and get candy from the trunks of dressed-up cars and people at the church parking lot. Our "trunk" (the back of a pick-up) was decorated like a kitchen counter like in Veggie Tales...I dressed up as Laura Carrot and Max dressed up as a Cucumber who was one of the "Pirates that don't do anything". The kids did their own thing...can you guess what Gloria was...a princess! JB, a pirate, and Benny, a lion.

There were also games to play and inflatable bouncy things for the kids. It's part of the church's outreach to the community. Why stay totally away from Halloween, when maybe we can bring in some people to the church and show them Jesus' love?

No comments: