Tuesday, November 04, 2008

On the Airplane to Boston

It has been a while since I've written much on the blog, but tonight I'm in a bit of a writing mood partly because it gets my mind off of the election (the results I'm sure are coming in as we speak, and I don't think it's looking good for McCain). It's so good to know that God is in control and He appoints whom He wants to and who am I to question God?...He has the big picture in mind and the master plan!

Anyway, Here are the kids on the plane traveling to Boston, where we had not visited for about 5 years! I got up the courage to take the three kids to Boston on my own because most of my siblings are there right now (except for Emily - I miss you Em!) and my brother Jonathan got married recently and I really wanted to meet his new wife, Irina. My brothers Jonathan and Luke go to UMASS Amherst (two hours from Boston), my sister Jess is almost done with nursing school and JB, Gloria, and Benaiah have a cousin there, Tyler (Jessica's daughter - 12 years old).

The plane trip was not bad, even the walking through the airport and going through security. A lot of it is due to lots of prayer ahead of time...thank you God! and because Max prepared me so well. Max is the master of being prepared. He has done some commercial travel and has observed some moms with children at the airport (which is one reason I have not traveled by airplane with the three kids). He rigged the car seat to be a stroller by having it strap to a foldable luggage dolly, which worked terrifically as we wheeled and walked through the Atlanta and Logan airports.

JB and Gloria did great partly because they were so excited to go on so many different modes of transportation - the van (whoop-de-doo), a shuttle bus to the Atlanta airport, the Concourse train, and of course, THE AIRPLANE!!, the moving sidewalks in the Logan airport, and the interesting van (much cleaner than mine!) ride through the city of Boston. They also got to ride the T (Boston's subway system), which was one highlight of their trip.

Max prepared me for what I would have to take off (shoes!)and out of bags to put into bins at security so that I was not overwhelmed. I felt like a supermom using 10 bins for all of our different things. JB and Gloria were very good about obeying through security and they even helped with Benaiah, taking off his shoes and keeping track of him after he was taken out of the carseat/stroller.

We also bought Benaiah his own seat on the plane, which made it a lot easier too. He's in the wiggly, wants-to-be-independent in exciting situations phase. A kind of expensive trip, but well worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like quite the trip, Tamsey! And quite the accomplishment with three kiddos in tow!