Monday, July 07, 2008

Two dears


You may be wondering why there is a deer head in Benaiah's porta-crib, so was Max. The deer head is supposed to emulate a deer head mount to create a cabbinish/rustic atmosphere in the kid's room. Since we haven't gotten around to hanging it up, Benaiah has taken a liking to it. We passed by it in the kid's room (still a mess) and he pointed to it and said "eh, eh, eh", which means he wants something. Once I figured out what he wanted and handed it to him, he pet it and played with its antlers affectionately. Max thought I was twisted when he saw that it was in Benaiah's porta-crib and asked me why I had a severed deer head in with the baby. Let's just hope he doesn't say "eh, eh, eh" to the mounted elk head with the three-foot high antlers.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like the deer head...I think it's cute! :) And I love the blog on trash and garbage so funny!