Sunday, July 20, 2008

Four Wheeler Justified

We took the plunge, so to speak, and got a 4-wheeler. Since our driveway is so long, it was a pain taking the little trash trailer behind the truck (as I walked behind to make sure it didn't tip over or detach) and then having to walk it back to the house, especially in this Alabama July heat (I know, as Max would say...aaaah, wooza, wooza!, which means I'm pretending to feel sorry for you but I don't really). Actually, it was a great excuse to get a 4-wheeler (thanks Nathan and Stephanie for the encouragement), which Max uses to take JB and Gloria (and sometimes Zephyr) on rides around the property. He's planning on making trails on the property (7 acres of forested land) for nature hikes and other adventures, especially since we discovered a zip-line in the woods not too far from the house. It is a fairly short zip line (longer than the ones at the playgrounds though) that goes across a ditch where a stream flows when it rains. It seems to be very well built. We'll have to take pictures of the zip-line and post them. We also hope to have a rope or tire swing, which would be perfect here with the tall trees and the downhill slope from the house. Here are pictures of the 4-wheeling anyway.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A 4-wheeler AND a zip line?! We'll have to start planning our visit now. :-)

Anonymous said...

Good one! I think we've proven the abilities of that particular model on several occasions.


-Nathan

Lois said...

I like the Zephyr headlights! Fun and practicality combined.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! But I'm glad you're having fun!

Anonymous said...

Oops forgot to leave my name! ; )

Michelle said...

Looks like so much fun! Enjoy! I'm glad you all have some room to run at your new place!