Thursday, April 10, 2008

The 3-and-a-half-year-old mind of Gloria

Today we went to the Garden Botanica of Wichita. It had been raining for 3 days and this morning. Finally there was a break in the rain, so we fled for the flowers. Anyway, there was one garden there that had concrete statues of people. Gloria saw these and right away said "those are the statues that Adam and Jamie blew up!" ...on an episode of Mythbusters, which Max uses as a treat for the kids, to watch it with him on special evenings. I thought this was so funny.

Tonight while we were at home Gloria started putting her papers that she wanted to keep in my purse. I asked her why she was putting them in there and she said it was because she wanted to make sure we didn't move without them. I think the kids are starting to realize that we are moving and sort of grasping what it means.

I have to add one about JB...we have been working on reading EB White chapter books in the evening before bed. JB, when I asked him what he wanted to read, said "Horn Goose"...we were on the second chapter of Trumpet of the Swans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mythbusters and "horn goose". That's perfectly hilarious.

-Nathan