Friday, October 20, 2006

In Honor of 33 Years!

Thirty-three Things I Love about my Husband:

1. He prays with me in the morning and kisses me goodbye before he leaves (at about 6:15am for work, 4:45am for hunting) unless I'm "just sleeping too peacefully."
2. He's always eager to teach me new things (starting with ballroom and country dance even before we were dating- he was the guy with the flannel shirt and cowboy boots at our Boston church).
3. He's always eager to learn new things.
4. He hardly ever has body odor.
5. He's very patient with me when I mess up.
6. He loves trying new things whether it's a new adventure or a new food...he's even gotten me to like olives, liver (the way he cooks it), and other strange-tasting things.
7. He eats very nutritiously and exercises, which encourages the kids and me in healthy eating and exercising (the kids "exercise" in the jogging stroller).
8. He thinks of other people's needs and how we can help and has been a good example for me to think of others.
9. He sees children as a blessing and wants more eventhough he knows it means more work (and more blessing!).
10. He's a good steward of money, but does not hold onto it too tightly because he knows it's God's money.
11. He's very manly (don't think too deeply about this one)
12. He enjoys long road trips (as do I)...which has led to good traveling kids.
13. He loves and honors his mom and dad.
14. He's from Colorado (a plus because it means we get to visit there a lot!)
15. He married me despite being from a big, liberal city and being a pastor's daughter (both negatives on his list of things he wanted...and didn't want, in a wife. Dad, your children are not like PKs that Max knew in his youth because you did not get too caught up in work to spend time with your family. Thanks for gently shepherding us toward the Lord!)
16. He strives to love me unconditionally as Jesus loves the Church (the whole body of believers).
17. He works hard and "brings home the bacon."
18. He likes that I stay home with the kids and is always encouraging me to be a more organized mom without pressing me or making me feel overwhelmed.
19. Instead of making me feel older, he says I make him feel younger (being a whole 5-6 years younger than him).
20. He's handsome.
21. He's a handyman and is able to work on both house and car issues.
22. He's taught me to be more informed about what is going on in the world and to think about it rather than just accept what the news dishes out. This also includes discerning what is Biblical and what is not.
23. He loves the outdoors and getting fresh air and sunshine.
24. He loves my family.
25. He has a wonderful family.
26. He's working with me to riase non-spoiled, God-honoring children (by first learning to honor and obey their parents, by learning about God and Jesus, and by "loving our neighbors as ourselves").
27. He usually likes my cooking and is able to cook meat well.
28. He brings me things from different countries he visits as an AF officer.
29. He's a pilot, which is kind of sexy (but don't tell him I said that).
30. He tolerates a certain level of mess in the house (usually about the same amount I can tolerate).
31. He's very organized.
32. He enjoys taking pictures of adventures, special occasions, nature, and family.
33. He's the one that God had set aside for me! Thank you God!

No comments: