Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Outdoor Water Fun in Tennessee

We had a lot of fun on the lake at the retreat center, especially since it was really hot and lots of family got involved in the water fun. Here's a few pictures of our family in the outdoors of Tennessee.









JB had a lot of fun discovering that he could "swim" with the life jacket on. This experience in the lake gave him much confidence in the water for this summer's swim season. Gloria had fun too, but she's more of a water wimp...she can dance on the sand though...










Canoe racing with John and Jess (and a few passengers) was fun. I guess they should've had Luke at the paddles, him being on the crew (rowing) team in Boston, especially since they got skunked by Max and me (Max is the one who knows how to direct and power a conoe, I just move my paddle forward and back).

The zip line was a lot of fun. You can see family members lined up in the background. The youngest child to do it was a four-year-old, a very brave boy named Ethan, my cousin Tallie's son. My nieces, Bethany (daughter of Emily and John) as well as Tyler (daughter of Jessica) also did the zip line, which showed a lot of courage. My heart was pounding hard every time I went to the top of the platform to sail down and either gracefully fall into the water or violently slam into the water, usually depending on the height of the "fall", when I let go along the zip line. Many members of the family did it and many went out of their bounds of comfort, although usually found it was a blast (more like a really big splash).

No comments: