Friday, January 06, 2006

Max's First Mission from McConnell

Max left early this morning for his mission to California, Hawaii, and Japan. He and his crew are refueling fighters that are going to be flying over the Pacific Ocean. Isn't it amazing that planes can be refueled in the sky over a ocean? Although waiting in California initially this weekend so that they can get an early start on Monday, he will be off to Hawaii and Japan and flying a lot on this ten day mission.

I guess this is a good preliminary trip before the "big one" when he is off to the Middle East probably in early February. It will get me a little accustomed to being alone with the kids in this new house so that I know a bit what to prepare for when he's gone for months. If I do decide to take a trip while he's gone the challenge will be to close up the house before we leave and make sure loose strings are tied and everything is secure.

Anyway, I will be relying on God for strength and peace while Max and I are separated by land and sea. This is only a ten day trip, I know it is a fun, interesting, and challenging one for him, and he may bring back some souvenirs, so all of these things make it easier. The fact that I have Jesus to run to and rely on every day is the biggest factor in making it bearable. Patience with the kids, peace while Max is away, safety for Max, and finding fellowship here are what I pray for the most.

For anyone wondering, I had my third post-surgery eye appointment a couple of days ago, and although the left is a bit worse than the right, I'm basically seeing 20/15 in both eyes and no more inflammation in either eye, just a bit of dryness. It's amazing to get up in the morning and be able to see right away.

1 comment:

Lometa said...

Howdy!

I just happened across your Hubby’s blog from a link from Air Force Voices. Just wanted to tell you all that I lived on base (Travis St) when Dad was stationed at McConnell in the 70’s. He flew the KC-135 tankers and would be gone for days at a time too. After graduating from Derby Senior High I went on to Southwestern College in Winfield KS. I understand from my college roommate now that the high school is an elementary school today because she teaches there. The fine folks of Derby are good people and I think you'll fit right in. God bless you and best of luck to you in your new home.

The blogspot link goes to a verrry quiet poetry blog and you can find my personal journal at
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=lometa