Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Update on Eye Surgery

For anyone wondering, the consultation went well and Dr Patel said I am a great candidate for the lasik eye surgery. I guess I have pretty "normal" bad eye sight, not much of a stigmatism, and healthy eyes. I have been wearing my glasses for over two weeks, which I despise because I have not gotten used to wearing them...okay, maybe I've gotten used to them a little bit, but I still don't like them. I have pretty nice glasses, but I can feel them on my face and see the rims, which bothers me and gave me a headache at first.

Anyway, my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow and I'm excited more than anything else at this point. We have someone to watch the kids tomorrow during the appt and possibly afterwards in case Max has to go back to work for the afternoon. They will give me 5 mg of Valium so that I get sleepy for both the quick surgery (not as much moving) and so that I rest and relax afterwards so that my eyes can heal better and quicker. They say sleep afterward helps. I'll report on how it turns out.

Today we are getting carpet replaced in the living room and master bedroom, so we are just waiting for the people to arrive and get to work.

Thanks to anyone who has been praying for me for this eye surgery tomorrow. I don't feel as nervous after the consultation, but I know that any surgery has its risks and these are my eyes! I may be able to see on my own tomorrow night!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Tamsey! I'm eager to hear what you think of the surgery as I've been considering it for myself. A friend recently had it done and was able to see 20/15 an hour after surgery! ~Merilee :)