Wednesday, August 29, 2012

JB's Joyous Job

JB's finally way excited about a chore and I'm excited too because it is very helpful to me.  He gets to take his newly fixed 4-wheeler with bungeed-down box on the back to the dumpsters at the bottom of the mountain to take the trash!

Our kitchen trash has to be taken down to the dumpsters as soon as the trash is full because if I put it in the garage it attracts mice and it could attract bears.  It surely attracts our Boykin Spaniel, Zephyr, too, who is usually the one to start the holes in the bags.  Thus, it has been a big and stinky chore for me to constantly load up the garbage into the back of the van as we are headed somewhere.  The worst thing is when I would forget I had it in the car and have to drive around with garbage in the back of the  van.

Our good friend, Bob, graciously and painstakingly fixed the 4-wheeler for JB after he had run the 4-wheeler without oil, which ruined the engine.  It also had some other problems, but it's running well now!  I'm excited because I get an excited 9-year-old boy who wants to take the trash down.  The main attraction for him:  getting to ride on the road all the way to the dumpsters!

 JB taking a bag of trash to the dumpster.  We rigged a bin on the back of his 4-wheeler with bungee cords...so far it's working!
 I had JB break down a lot of the cardboard boxes and take them to the dumpsters.  This cleared out our garage a lot!
 He looks miserable to be doing this chore, doesn't he?
There he goes down the driveway and onto the road...

1 comment:

max said...

miserable, for sure.