Monday, April 05, 2010

Just Shovel It!

We brought two trailer loads of cotton burrs that have been soaked with cow manure and pee.  This is great fertilizer for our garden.  These pictures are from about a month ago.  We already have our seeds sprouting in a mix of dirt and this stuff.  It's kind of strange that we are growing food in cow poop and pee, but it adds good nitrogen to the soil, which plants love, and I will make sure to wash everything we get from the garden!

I can relate to "The Pioneer Woman",  Ree Drummond, who calls herself "an accidental country girl", but is loving it.  Actually, my marriage to Max (which inevitably makes me "country") was not accidental but orchestrated by a sovereign God.

2 comments:

Lois said...

That looks like smelly work. I have to admire your grit, Tamsey. That's quite an admiring look from JB for his hard-working mom. You are a great example to your kids.

Lois said...

I can't help noticing those poor trees. Are they coming back to life?