Monday, December 11, 2006

Just cute!

I can't remember why Gloria was leaning up against JB like this, but I knew it was cute enough to take a picture. The kids were waiting to go outside with their Daddy to put up Christmas lights in the front of the house.

We seem to be strictly white light people whereas a few other people in our neighborhood are colored lights people (I'm not trying to make a racial comment). Many people are able to pull off the colored lights without looking gaudy. There are a few houses here and there that are just junky looking, but mostly I love to look at the various Christmas lights around the neighborhood.

One I love the most is a house right at the entrance to the neighborhood we drive through to get to our house that has a nativity scene with a huge lit-up sign next to it that says "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!" They also have a huge star that's lit up right above the nativity scene that's hanging on a tree or a pole, I can't remember which. The decorations that I don't care so much for are the ones that are cut-outs of Santa and look kind of cluttery. Just my personal opinion. I also like the houses that look like a "wonderland" of lights, and the ones that frame most of the outline of the house...the roof, doors, windows, etc. That's a lot of work. Maybe tonight I'll take a picture of our house with the lights on it. I'm being rambly now, so I'll post some more pictures.

No comments: