Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kitten Compound...the birth and getting bigger

Pregers...who knew she had 7 in there!  She did get pretty big, now she's skinny again.

Birthing the kittens...at first I thought she only had three, but she kept popping them out and I concluded that she had 6.  About a week later I was able to count them better and discovered she actually had 7!  What a nice number...

Maybe a bit overwhelmed...this was when she was shaking, which I remember from my labors, so I wasn't too concerned.

I'm so glad she decided to have her kittens right in our breezeway (between the kitchen and the garage in a semi-outdoor area).  This is where Gramma Shell and the kids set up a box for her a couple of months ago in hopes that she would choose to have her kittens close by.


Nursing/sleeping time.  Good thing she has 8 nipples.

10 days old!

The tiger-striped one is the only one of its kind in her litter.  The others are either mostly grey or black.

About 3 weeks old!  They are getting cuter and more playful.  Sleeping less, still making their mom tired and more skinny.  They are starting to wander around the breezeway more and "run" to the kids sometimes when they come out of the house.  One doesn't seem to have a voice because it doesn't meow when it opens it's mouth.

2 comments:

Sarah/Robert said...

Love the kitten chronicles! Thanks for the pictures, Tamsey.

Lois said...

They are really sweet. Irina will take them all! I would take a black one with the white neck. They are all so cute as kittens!