Friday, January 22, 2010

Brainstorming on names for our Homeschool

I'm trying to think of a name for our home school and would like to have our inspiration and ideas come from Proverbs 1:7,8. Does anyone have any ideas for a name from those verses?

7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
8 Listen, my son, to your father's instruction
and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
Prov 1:7-8 (NIV)

Thanks!

Max brought up our tie to Chronicles of Narnia and the Pevensie children. We sometimes joke that we should have named our children "Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy" since they came in the same order. I wonder if we can think of a homeschool name relating to that.

4 comments:

Nikki Tafoya said...

Our homeschool is King's Kids!

My suggestions for a name for your school aren't very good, but maybe they would still get your creative juices flowing.

1. Lord's Son Learning Acadamy (except for the fact that you have girls)
Then I got hung up on acronyms.
2. TIK (pronounced tyke) School- Teaching Instruction and Knowledge

3. WIK School- Wisdom, Instruction, Knowledge
4. KID's School - Knowledge, Instrction, and Discipline

Well, you the idea!

Nikki Tafoya

Anonymous said...

Nikki has some neat ideas! How about KID Farm? Wisdom Farm, PAST (Parents as Teachers) HomeSchool? Paravel Home School? Thousand Hills Home School?

Unknown said...

-Academy (or School) of Wisdom and Knowledge
-Listen and Learn Schoolhouse
-Proverbs 1:7 Christian School
-Aslan Christian School

That's all I can think of for now.

sheryl said...

Hi Tamsey
I read your blog all the time..My name is Sheryl
I am your sister's Jessica's friend Loni's mom
I have met you a few times over the years
I love hearing about your wonderful children, husband and devotion to God.

I am working on a name for your school and wondered if you've named it yet?

You have a wonderful family and I sometimes think you should write a book..If I enjoy reading your Blog I am sure others will as well.

Thanks so much for letting me peak into your adventures
I await your answer on the name for your school.
Sheryl