Monday, August 17, 2009

The boot

Oh it's a boot, but where's the other one? Aunt Kristin and Gramma Shell each bought Gloria a pink John Deere boot...wrapped separately. She was a bit perplexed that she only found one boot in the box, but when Daddy was filming her she said "thank you Aunt Kristin for the boot...please send me the other one." She was very sweet about it and accepting of it.
Her next to last present, a boot-shaped package. She was relieved to have both of them. I guess she's big enough to handle practical jokes, being a big 5-year-old. Overall, I think she had fun at her princess, swimming birthday party. Mommy was relieved when it was over, but thought it was fun too and glad we did it. Tomorrow is her actual birthday and she has a couple of presents left to unwrap and a promised helium balloon coming to her.

1 comment:

Lois said...

That is a cute story. Happy Birthday Gloria! I wish I had boots like yours!