Thursday, July 30, 2009

Homeschooling with JB

Does JB look interested in reading? Normally it's like pulling teeth getting him to read to me lately, but I think I may have had a breakthrough and I hope it sticks! The other day I had him read to me while I was fixing dinner. He did so much better when I wasn't sitting there with him, prodding him along. He read faster and stayed focused when I only occasionally came over if he needed a little help. This would be great if it works like that every time because I could get something done while listening to him read and wouldn't have to get frustrated trying to keep him focused all the time. We'll see if it works...

2 comments:

Michele said...

It is so interesting to see what motivates kids to do what their parents want! If going it alone is what works for JB, that gives a clue about what makes him tick. And it gives you a chance to get something else done at the same time. Can't beat that!!

Michelle said...

You are doing a great job! You are one amazing mama.