Thursday, June 11, 2009

Relaxing and having fun in South Carolina




This is the relaxing part, but we also had a lot of fun in the lake today. I donned my prego bathing suit and used a noodle with Benaiah in a life jacket and "swam" with him around the Sealy lake. JB and Gloria swam also using noodles and Max got some good exercise not using any floatation device...what a hunk!

We had the canoe out there and the kids got tipped a couple of times but their Dad was always there to rescue them...who do you think dumped them in in the first place?! Benaiah was only happy when I was in the canoe with him and he could stand between my legs as I sat on the seat paddling. Gloria, Benaiah, and I paddled around the lake for a while while Max and JB chased us.
We didn't take any pictures because the camera surely would've gone for a swim...not good for preserving the life of the camera.

While we were out there a storm moved in really quickly. My back was facing the approaching clouds as we were in the canoe and Max was swimming not paying attention to the sky. So when dark black clouds were overhead and lightning was flashing in the distance, I didn't notice until we got to shore and then Oompa (kids' great-grandfather) and I tried to warn Max but he couldn't hear us. I don't think he noticed until the wind really started to pick up, then he swam quickly to the dock and yelled at JB to get out right away. We made it inside with the wind whipping and just before the downpour. The rained cooled it off nicely here though.

No comments: