Wednesday, October 17, 2007

You have what in your shoe?

After attending childcare our church this morning while I went to a women's Bible study, JB and Gloria really wanted to use their "barellas" (umbrellas) in the rain, which was pouring down. I pulled the car up under the church awning and loaded Benaiah in the car, while JB and Gloria got their barellas. I let them play in the rain in their flip flops and barellas for a while, watching from under the awning to make sure they were safe from cars, then called them back to the van. When Gloria got back she said in a distressed tone, "The parking lot is in my shoe!". I was confused for a moment until I realized that she had a little piece of asphalt stuck between her flip flop and her foot. It was a pretty easy fix considering the parking lot was in her shoe.

1 comment:

Lois said...

That was a fun laugh for the day.