Saturday, March 11, 2006

Is it a girl thing or just a Gloria thing?

Some big differences between Gloria and JB, obviously, but I'm talking about in terms of organization and having things "just so." For example, this morning Gloria was playing over by the refridgerator as I was cleaning up after breakfast, so I gave her a box of letter magnets. She put them one by one on the refridgerator finding a place for each block letter magnet. Then, without me saying anything, she put each of them back in the box and handed me the box. I praised her greatly for this because it was refreshing not to have them strewn about all over the floor.

JB has his own wonderful unique qualities, but he never would've put them all back in the box voluntarily. It's a struggle getting him to put any of his toys away. Also, Gloria opened the drawer in the kitchen to get a spoon out because she was standing in a chair next to the sink as I was doing dishes and wanted to put a spoon under the faucet. After getting out the spoon I closed the drawer part way not really paying attention. She looked at me, then reached over and closed it all the way. JB could care less if the drawer was open or closed unless he bumped into it with his head.

I'm hoping that someday she cares which direction on her head her hairs are pointing (in a healthy grooming manner, not obsessively!). She does not let me "fix" her hair.

No comments: